- Who qualifies for our services?
- Anyone who meets National Poverty Level Standards will qualify to receive our food subsidies. We also help any non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that serves children and seniors. The food boxes are based on size of family and you may return to the food bank once per month for food assistance as long as needed.
No appointment is necessary.
- What will I receive in my box?
- Sharing Ministries Food Bank is a supplemental food program only.
This means that families will receive assistance with approximately enough food for 3 meals per day for 3 days. This will include canned
goods, pasta, fresh produce, meat, dairy and baked goods. Each month will vary depending on availability.
- Where does the food come from?
- Sharing Ministries Food Bank purchases food from Food Bank of the Rockies in Denver each month. We also receive food from various supermarkets, businesses, farmers, ranchers, bakeries, food drives, and individual donors.
- Do you take donations?
- Yes! We are very happy to take donations, including financial contributions. We are able to purchase food in bulk through Food Bank of the Rockies at a much lower cost than an individual can purchase through any store, so your money goes a long way in feeding several people.We also take donations of livestock and have them processed through a USDA-approved processing plant. Fresh-in-season produce from farmers and gardeners is also appreciated.
- Can you receive pet food donations?
- Absolutely! Many families who need assistance also have pets to provide for. Please bring your canned and dry pet food as well as any other supplies, such as cat litter, dog treats, etc. to the food bank during our normal business hours.
- Are there donated items you cannot receive?
- Due to the strict regulations that we must operate under, there are certain items that we are unable to accept as donations:
- Home-canned goods
- Home-processed meat
- Open or used cans, jars, and packages
- Products that have an expired date on them
- Beer, liquor and other alcoholic beverages
If you are not sure, please give us a call at 970-240-8385 to see if we can take your donated